Saturday, September 10, 2016
Although I hated the diet, I was desperate to get rid of that 100 pounds, and it was working (I'd lost about 40 pounds in 2 months). But rice alone wouldn't provide enough nutrients for a growing baby.
Friday, January 8, 2016
This is where we talk about the "diet" ... the "Banana and Skim Milk" diet. Oh yeah, there was such a thing and in fact, it can still be found today all over the web. On it's own, it isn't a healthy diet plan for long-term use. But does it work? Yep, sure it does if you stick to it. Why wouldn't it? It reduces your calorie intake, like ANY working diet plan, but it is so not fun, not even if you love bananas. At the end of it, you will not only not love bananas any longer, you'll hate them. Hate the sight of them. At least for a while.
Wednesday, December 9, 2015
Depending on "who" you read, yes ... and no.
- There's lots of articles out there that contradict each other:
- exercise isn't good for you, can make you fatter, can cause you to eat more
- exercise makes you burn fat, so exercise more
- exercise makes you eat more, so exercise less
- do this cardio exercise and you'll burn the most fat
- building muscle helps you lose fat, so lift weights
- jog 5 miles a day and you're guaranteed to lose weight
- don't jog it's bad for your joints
- walk at a moderate pace for 30 minutes a day
- workout 3 times a week for 30 minutes each time
- workout 7 days a week for an hour each time, sweating til you drop